||Now it's your turn! Let's go into the field
and meet your community. One of the best ways to learn
any subject is to experience it yourself. You
are going to interview someone in your community about
farming.There are certain rules you should follow for your interview.|
Questions to ask:
- Who are you interviewing?
People who deal with farming or farmers (i.e. nurses,
- What is the subject of your interview?
Create a list of questions
In what order should you ask the questions?
Ask your parents, or teachers for advice on
contacting someone to interview
- How do you introduce yourself and your project?
State your name
What you are doing (explain your project)
Explain why you would like to interview them.
Things YOU need to be Aware of when interviewing!
Pick a quiet place
Make sure that your interviewee is comfortable
Meet at a place where they can show you something
about their trade.
||Let's write up the interview!
- Write about the things that you learned
- List your reactions to the interview (For example, how did you feel during the interview? Did you
find the interview easy or hard?)
Let's listen to an interviewee.
Return to Farm Life Homepage
Now let's see what a Farm School creator learned during a fieldwork interview!