Questions on in class activity from last time (robbery.dat) - see robbery.R and robbery.csv
- Inferences about the slope of the population regression line
- Confidence intervals
- Hypothsis tests
Open GoogleDrive\Stat206-S2021\2ePowerPoint\Sec 2-3R
- ANOVA for SLM
- Partitioning variability
- Inference for Correlation
Demonstration for Breakfast Cereal - see Exercise 2.15 on p. 78 and Cereal.R
In Class Exercises
- Compute confidence intervals for the Palm Beach and Olympic Long Jump data sets.
- Calculate and plot the residuals, standardized residuals, and studentized residuals against Year for the Olympic Long Jump data. Identify Bob Beaman on your plots.
- What is the leverage value hi for Bob Beaman?
- 2.1, 2.3, 2.5, 2.7, 2.16, and 2.44
Please complete your reading of Chapter 2 for class on Monday.