Discussion of Quizzes
- We will have out next quiz covering Chapter 5 on Monday, April 12
- We will also have quizzes on Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 as we move through the Unit B presentations, probably on Monday, April 19 and Monday, April 26, but these dates may be moved slightly after I get the Unit B proposals on Friday. I'm trying to be as flexible as possible to accomodate your hectic schedules.
Chapter 8 Additonal Topics in ANOVA
Homogeneity of variances (see Sec 8.1R)
Multiple Comparisons (see Sec 8.2R)
Contrasts (see Sec 8.3R)
Nonparametric ANOVA (see Sec 8.4R)
- The average time it took baseball players to run from a point on the first base line to a point just short of second base is recorded for three different methods (round out, narrow angle, and wide angle).
- See Stat206 - Apr 1, 2020.pdf for a diagram of the methods.
- Use the data in Google Drive\Stat206-S2021\!Class Materialbaseball.csv to see if there is a significant difference in these three methods.
- What method would you recommend?
Lab time for class exercises and discussion of Unit B Projects
- 8.3, 8.7, 8.8, 8.15, 8.19, 8.21, 8.23
Please read Sections 8.7 and 8.8 for class on Friday.