Questions on using RStudio
Problem Session on Class Exercises from Friday
Random Rectangles Activity - see handout
- Open R script GoogleDrive\Stat106-ElementsofStatistics-S2023\!Class-csv-Rscripts\RandomRectangle.R
- Where is the distribution of guesses centered?
- Where is the distribution of your judgement samples of 5 rectangles centered?
- Where is the distribution of the simple random samples of 5 rectangles centered?
- Where is the distribution of the simple random samples of 10 rectangles centered?
- Use the R commands in RandomRectangle.R to investigate what happens when the sample size increases from 5 or 10 to 20 and 40.
The Importance of Randomization
Different types of Bias
Major Statistical Concepts from Section 1.4 Reading
- Treatment versus Control Group
- Placebo and Placebo Effect
- Double-blind Experiment
Please read Section 2.1 for class on Wednesday