- Your background in statistics
- Your potential (or declared) major
- Something you would like us to know about you
- What did you do over break?
- Anything else you would like to add about you or your family
Course Web Page
What is Statistics?
- Statistics is the science of collecting, organizing,
and interpreting numerical information.
- What will we be doing this semester? Give me one or two words that immediately come to mind when I say introductory statistics.
Data Collection Activity - Please complete these questions before 10:00 am on Tuesday, January 17
- We will begin analyzing this data on Wednesday
- I suggest creating a subdirectory
on Google Drive for Stat 106, but proper maintenance of your files for this course is your responsibility.
Reading Assignment -
Please read Sections 1 and 2 of Chapter 1 for class on Wednesday.