Reminder: Short Paper #1 is due on Friday, March 4
Reminder about a few R commands
- dbinom(x, n, p) provides the probability of exactly x successes in n Bernoulli trials, each with probability p
- dgeom(y, p) provides the probability of y failures before the first success for a geometric(p) R.V.
- dnbinom(y, r, p) provides the probability of y failures before the rth succcess, each with probability p
Overview of the Central Limit Theorem
- For sums of random variables
- For averages of random variables
- State the CLT for a sample proportion
- Practice problems with R for geometric, negative binomial, and Poisson distribution - see handout
Please read Section 5.2 for class on Wednesday.