OSU Extension~4-H Youth Development
The 4-H Vision
Ohio 4-H is the state's premier organization dedicated to making youth become positive, productive citizens, as well as catalysts for positive change in order to meet the needs of a diverse and changing society.
The 4-H Value Set
4-H believes in these values...
Youth Development is the focus of everything we do and that 4-H allows individuals to unlock their potential through:
Partnerships are essential in successful youth development for:
- active involvement in self-determination of their learning activities,
- quality experiences that stimulate skills for living and lifelong learning,
- relationships that empower people to voluntarily help themselves and each other, and
- interaction with caring adults and peers to create a positive family-like support system.
Volunteerism is fundamental to:
- resource development,
- program innovation,
- delivery capabilities,
- creating and delivering caring environments, and
- access to research-based knowledge.
Diversity strengthens the ability of 4-H to:
- delivering quality programs,
- developing adult educational capacity, and
- teaching youth to volunteer.
- develop positive values among program participants in today's global society.
- develop and deliver quality educational experiences, and
- provide opportunities for program involvement regardless of different economic, social, or cultural backgrounds, as well as age and gender.
The 4-H Mission
4-H Youth Development Education Porgram creates supportive environments for culturally diverse youth and adults to reach their fullest potential. In support of this mission we will:
Achievement of this mission will result in capable, competent and caring citizens.
- provide formal and non-formal community-focused experimental learning,
- develop skills that benefit youth throughout life,
- foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults,
- build internal and external partnerships for programming and funding,
- strengthen families and communities, and
- use research-based knowlegde and the land grant university system.
E-Mail The Family Farm Project