Part 2 of the Senior Exercise in Religious Studies
- This is a short-answer, objective exam, consisting of 100 questions
covering all seven traditions/areas taught in the Department, plus
theories and methods in the study of religion. The traditions/areas
The theory/methodology questions will be based on material from Religion
101 (or 102 or 103), Approaches to the Study of Religion, and Senior
- Religions of the Americas
- South Asian religions
- East Asian religions
- Format: One-word or short sentence definitions.
- Q. The name of the Fourth Gospel is _______________ .
- A. The Gospel of John
- Dates: TBA.
- Passing/Failing: An overall score of 65% is needed to pass
the exam. Students who fail to attain a passing grade will be allowed
to retake it once. Students will be notified of their grade by the
Chair one week after taking the exam. Those who have failed will arrange
at that time a second attempt. A failure in the second attempt will
constitute failure to pass the requirements for completion of the
- Students are advised to consult with the Chair and/or individual
faculty well in advance if they have questions about the examination
Edit date: 4/29/03