I. Mid-term Speaking Test Description
At a college function, the American meets a person who looks as if he might be Chinese. The conversation will include the following:
1. Greeting and introducing each other.
2. Asking about each other’s nationality.
3. A small talk (family, what they do and what their hobbies are)
4. Asking each other what he/she did the previous weekend. The response should be a 3-sentence "narration".
5. 2 other exchanges such as talking about weekend plans, inviting the other person to a movie, or asking the other person for a favor etc. Any of the topics from the first 6 lessons will be fine.